Exploring Being My Own Boss Workshop
Get a taste of self-employment
The Exploring Being My Own Boss (EBMOB) workshops are designed to give participants a taste of entrepreneurship and self-employment. It provides an entry to the New Business Assistance with NEIS for those who may need to refine a business idea.
The workshop content is focused on empowering young people with practical entrepreneurship skills.
2 weeks (25 hours per week)
To be eligible for EBMOB you must be willing to develop a business idea that is not already operating commercially and be available to work full-time in your proposed business.
Priority will be given to participants who are:
- Aged 18 to 24 years (inclusive)
- From culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- Affected by a disability
- Getting started : learning to think like an entrepreneur
- Idea validation : mitigating risks in your business
- Brand & design : making your business look good
- Going digital : getting your business online
- Connecting to the ecosystem
- Start-up essentials : your legal and tax requirements
- Dollars and sense : managing the numbers in your business
- Sell, sell, sell : how to acquire customers forever
- Pitching and communication : crafting your elevator pitch
- The new world of business : the changing face of work
Fully funded by the Australian Government for eligible participants.
The workshops aim to empower young people with practical entrepreneurship skills and provide a potential pathway to the New Business Assistance with NEIS.